Dumb Things You May Not Need To Know,
BUT that you will find VERY INTERESTING!
1. Money isn't made out of paper, it's made out of cotton.
2. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
3. The dot over the letter i is called a "tittle".
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up
and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
6. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
7. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
8. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor, who had red eyes.
He was albino.
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents,
10. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother & sister.
11. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system; a few
ounces can kill most dogs.
12. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the
stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
13. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
14. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland, because he
doesn't wear pants.
15. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
16. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' & 'lower',
because in the time when all original print had to be set in
letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of
case that stored the smaller, 'lower case 'letters'.
17. Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the
other at the same time.
18. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World
War II were made of wood.
19. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan; there
was never a recorded Wendy before!
21. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange,
purple, and silver!
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years
to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
23. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go
mad and sting itself to death.
24. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween"
was a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
25. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you
have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins
without being able to make change for a dollar.
26. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't
in quicksand (and you thought this list was completely useless.)
27. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law,
which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider
than your thumb.
28. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record
player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on
the market was the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
29. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a
piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the
30. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
31. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
32. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book
most often stolen from Public Libraries.
33. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into
space, because passing wind in a space suit damages it.