Family & Friends
About 2 years ago my wife and I were on a cruise through
Mediterranean aboard a Princess liner. At dinner we noticed an elderly
lady sitting alone along the rail of the grand stairway in the main dining
We noticed that all the staff, ships officers, waiters, busboys, etc., all
seemed very familiar with this lady. I asked our waiter who the lady was,
expecting to be told that she owned the line, but he said he only knew
that she had been on board for the last four cruises, back-to-back.
As we left the dining room one evening I caught her eye and stopped to
say hello. We chatted and I said, "I understand you've been on this ship
for the last four cruises". She replied, "Yes, that's true."
I stated, "I don't understand" and she replied, without
"It's cheaper than a nursing home".
So, there will be no nursing home in my future. When I
get old and
feeble, I am going to get on a Princess Cruise Ship. The average cost for
a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on reservations on a
Princess and I can get a long term discount and senior discount price of
$135 per day.
That leaves $65 a day for:
1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.
2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the
restaurant, or I can have room service
(which means I can have breakfast-in-bed every day of the week).
3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free
washers and dryers, and shows every night.
4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.
5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5
worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.
6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.
7. TV broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress
replaced? No Problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your
8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask
9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on
Medicare; if you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship they will
upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.
Now hold on for the best!
Do you want to see South America, the
Panama Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you want
Princess will have a ship ready to go. So don't look for me in a nursing
home, just call shore to ship.
P.S. And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side
-- at no charge.